Clarity, simplicity, trust
I use clear and simple writing to make it easy for your customers to read and understand what you offer.
Copy-editing counts because you want to be noticed for your ideas, not your mistakes. Your skills and passion lie in your business, which probably isn’t writing and editing. If you are someone who says ‘I’m no good at words’, I can help.
- Correcting spelling, grammar and consistency slip-ups in existing writing. Everyone makes them, and I can be your second pair of eyes to spot them.
- Using active words and enhancing sentence structure to make copy easier to read and understand. By swapping the order of your sentences, I can reveal the story you really want to tell.
- Writing from scratch to your brief, doing interviews and research where necessary. If you’re really stuck in selling your business or message, I can help.
I can also advise on:
- Creating and sticking to a consistent ‘house style’ for your written communications, which will make your messages easier to read and understand.
- Basic grammar and spelling problems.
Active words with clear meanings are powerful tools to tell your story and promote your business. Average readers – and potential customers - spend 15 seconds looking at a web page; being clear about what you offer will encourage them to keep reading.
Your business is unique, and you know its life story. Do you need help deciding what to include, and what to leave out?
Your customers need to trust you, and even minor spelling and grammar mistakes can erode that trust. Let me make your writing correct and consistent, and give you an authentic tone of voice. You can trust me to treat all information you share about your business as confidential.
First meeting – by email, face to face, over the phone or by Skype.
We talk about what you want to achieve:
- Do you feel uneasy about your spelling and grammar?
- Are you worried you’re using too many words to tell your story?
- Do you get stuck when you try to write about yourself?
I will come to the meeting with my ideas of how I can help. What we focus on is up to you.
I will prepare a brief, setting out what can be done, by when, and for what price.
I do the work, you check it, and I make changes if required. Job done.
Anywhere you use words, I can help, such as websites, social media, flyers, brochures, letters to clients.
I’ve worked with words for more than 20 years; it’s what I’m good at and I get great pleasure from it.
I consider it a privilege to help enhance your writing: to better promote, explain, and share the business that is your passion.